Apr 16, 2015
Creativity and Content and a Walrus with Ralph and Carol Lynn Rivera
Listen via Podcast:
Background of Ralph and Carol Lynn Rivera: Ralph and Carol Lynn Rivera are the owners of Web Search Social specializing in small to medium-sized businesses for web search and social marketing. They have a podcast with a fan-base that they call Fred. Web Search Social is one of service lines of Rahvalor Interactive where they do app and software development.
This is a fun, unique interview. We covered a lot of topics. If you are in a hurry, skip to the last 20 minutes. Lots of valuable content about creativity in that part. One note: It is not G Rated.
What we discussed:
- They call their audience, in a collective way, as Fred.
- They are frequent guests of Nuclear Chowder, Content Warfare, The Superheroes of Marketing, Oh So Pinteresting.
- Podcasting affords ability to be flexible.
- Watched a movie with original content about walrus, called Tusk. NOTE: This is where the Walrus comes from.
- Both Ralph and Carol Lynn are fascinated with content creators because they believe marketing starts with content creation.
- Ralph shares fascination with TNT Joel for Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
- They have a good working relationship which includes fun.
- Discussed which social media they would possibly work on a daily basis.
- Discussed their love for mojitos and how they make them
- They have a “relaxed” format with their interviews for their podcasts.
- Re-purpose content by taking 1-3 minute clip of a tip or something funny from video contents.
- Reminisced about the direction we took after senior high school and where we are today.
- Creativity in reaching out to difference age group when teaching social media.
- Everyone has the capacity to be creative.
Key Take Away:
We are all creative in some way or another. In marketing it is important to think ‘outside the box’ and find that creativity in you. As Ralph stated, “Businesses get there because they did, not because they didn’t. Your creativity is limited by what’s in your brain.”
Looking for content ideas to post on your Social Media sites? Then you will love our Guide! You can Download the Ultimate Guide to Social Media Content Creation…and it is absolutely free.
Ways to subscribe to the Social Media Hangout Time Show or Podcast:
Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of the Social Media Hangout Time podcast, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Rather read? Head here for the full transcript